Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Surviving the Two Week Wait


Anyone who has ever tried to conceive a baby knows that waiting those two weeks to test and hopefully get that big fat positive, can be a really miserable and LONG experience! When going through fertility treatments, this time can be especially stressful and raise a lot of anxiety. Sometimes a lot of money is on the line, maybe it’s your last month of treatments for several months, or maybe you’re just feeling emotionally exhausted and feel like you can’t possibly go through one more month of trying. That two week wait can be awful, and unfortunately, there is not a magic spell to speed up time and make those two weeks pass more quickly. However, I found, through more two week waits than I ever wanted to experience, that there are a few things that you can do to help yourself not completely loose your mind. Here are a few things that worked for me, or should I say made that two week wait a bit more bearable!
  • ·      Make a list of books you’ve been wanting read and slowly work your way down the list. I found that not only did this help keep me busy, but it also took my mind off of constantly trying to over-analyze what was happening with my body.
  • ·      Organize those places in your home that get neglected. We all have that one drawer in the kitchen where junk tends to gather. We call it the junk drawer. I organized that drawer during every two week wait that I went through.
  • ·      Make a list of events that will happen within those two weeks. Church events, family events, school events, whatever it is write it down in the order they will happen. When I did this, I found that it gave me something to look forward to other than testing day.
  • ·      This isn’t something you should do but something you should steer clear of. It’s called GOOGLE. Have you heard of it? Yes me to! Just stay away from it during those two weeks. If you don’t your going to read stories of women who tested 7 DPO and got a positive test and it’s going to make your crazy.
  • ·      This one is debatable… but I would like to recommend that you don’t test until it’s actually testing day. Despite everything your mind and heart is telling you, put off that desire to test and just be patient. Let me tell you why. If you test early, and you get a negative, you’re still going to experience those emotions of disappointment, but you’re also not going to believe it. You will think “Ah it must be to early! I will test again tomorrow” and this cycle will repeat itself over and over and over, until you either get a positive, or you hit testing day and realize that it was in fact a true negative. Don’t put yourself through those emotions over and over again.
  • ·     
    Go on dates with your husband! These might be the last two weeks before your whole world changes and you find out your having a baby! Enjoy that time together. And if you get a negative instead of a positive, I think having spent time with your husband will only make your relationship stronger. No harm in that!


I know those two weeks are always going to be difficult to make it through. Hopefully these suggestions will make it a bit easier for you and those two weeks will pass quickly!
-Kamryn 

 photo bundled-sig_zpsiuixbukx.png

1 comment:

  1. Am Hellen, thanks to Dr oniha who cured me of fallopian tube blockage and fibroid with his herbal tuber cleanser. My marriage was on the verge of collapsing, because I was unable to bear a child for my husband. Until I came across Dr ONIHA's recommendation onLine,of how he has helped numerous of childless couples to have children with the help of his wonderful herbal medication, and I contacted him. And he administered his herbs on me.within the space of two months, i became pregnant, I now have a child I can call my own. In case you want to contact him for a similar problem, or all other infertilty issues, you can reach him through his email:
    DRONIHASPELL@YAHOO.COM or call him on +2347089275769

    ReplyDelete