Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Endometriosis


Endometriosis. We have all heard of it. And since approximately 5 million women within the United States have been diagnosed with it, chances are you probably know someone who has it. Perhaps it is you, your sister, your mother, or your best friend. So, what is this disease and why does it affect fertility like it does?

Endometriosis, according to the Mayo Clinic, is “ an often painful disorder in which tissue that normally lines the inside of your uterus-the endometrium-grows outside of your uterus.”[1] Because this endometrial tissues acts just like it would while growing on the inside of your uterus, it thickens, breaks down, and bleeds with each menstrual cycle. However, since it is inside the abdominal cavity instead of the uterus, it has no way to exit. As it sits and brews in one’s abdominal cavity, it can cause cysts to grow on the ovaries or scar tissue and adhesions to form on the abdominal walls and organs.

            Most women who have Endometriosis experience intense pelvic pain, especially during their menstrual cycle. This pain is often accompanied by excessive bleeding. Some women experience pain during intercourse, bowel movements and urination, while others experience fatigue, diarrhea, constipation and bloating.[2] Each woman’s experience with Endometriosis is unique and different. One thing that is important to remember is that one’s level of pain is not necessarily an indicator of how severe their endometriosis is. One woman may experience severe pain, but only have moderate endometriosis, while another woman may experience little to no pain, but have severe endometriosis.

            Endometriosis is categorized into four different stages created by the American Society of Reproductive Medicine. These stages allow medical professionals to accurately and more consistently diagnose between professionals.

The Stages are as follows:
·      Stage 1- Minimal
·      Stage 2- Mild
·      Stage 3- Moderate
·      Stage 4- Severe

The stage of Endometriosis one has is determined by the location, depth, amount, and size of the endometrial implants.[3]

            So, how does Endometriosis affect infertility? Endometriosis is considered to be one of the top three major causes of female infertility.[4] For some women who have mild cases of endometriosis, the infertility may be temporary and is often solved with surgery to remove adhesions. In other more severe cases, the woman may remain infertile. This is often thought to be due to scar tissue impairing the release of an egg from the ovary or preventing pickup from the fallopian tube.

            Although Endometriosis can be a scary thing, it can often be treated and there are many ways to help women manage the pain that may come with it. In addition, with the help of professionals, many women who struggle to conceive due to Endometriosis are still able to find ways to have a family.

-Kamryn

Sources:




[1] Mayo Clinic Staff. (2013, April 2). Definition. Retrieved from http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/endometriosis/basics/definition/con-20013968

[2] Mayo Clinic Staff.

[3] Mayo Clinic Staff.

[4] Mayo Clinic Staff.

 photo bundled-sig_zpsiuixbukx.png

1 comment:

  1. What a Miraculous Recovery!!!
    I will always remember you on this day Dr
    I was totally convinced before I could finished you medicine prepared for me for my Herpes. By Dr. Odey Abang,
    It was actually a sad incident and a painful soles still appearing and was still using the ancylovia ..
    All I was concerned was the perfect cure. Went to seerch about natural remedies for Herpes, then, I came across a comment of a lady who posted how she was cured from 7 years diagnosed of herpes and and much others with Dr. Odey Abang.
    I thought about it and decided to try for my health. I was willing to pay anything to get cured.
    Surprising, my cures came just as soon as I purchased his herbal remedies and sent to me through the DHL.
    I was guid by the doctor on how to apply.
    I felt so relieved a couple of days I used the medicine and could understand the reaction each time I took in the medicine.
    On my last bottle, I was totally convinced, I could see no sole in me and my habitat was good for my taste.
    I went to the hospital and my doctor confirmed me herpes negative. It's over a month now still showing negative.
    This is my life story and I'm using this to thank all those posting about Dr. Odey Abang for his cures and help for total cures
    His medicine are very effective, 100% qurantee with active immune booster.
    Contact him directly

    Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com

    for you're cure to
    Herpes, HIV/Aids, Diabetes, infertility, irregular mesturatio, Fibroid, etc

    ReplyDelete