Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Making Your IVF Shots Less Stressful




When my husband and I found out that we had to do IVF I was shocked, but I had had several friends go through it, so I knew it was doable. I had seen it work, and so I was hopeful, but I was also nervous. I found myself asking EVERYONE I knew who had done it how it went for them, what the timeline was like and if they had any tips for me. I wanted to be as prepared as possible and the one thing that terrified me the most was that I would mess up on my meds. That somehow I would do something wrong and all that time, effort, and, let’s be honest, MONEY was going to be wasted. I know that I am not the only one who has ever felt that way or who is currently feeling that way, so I thought I would share some tips that I felt gave the madness a method and made for a less stressful cycle.
  • Tip #1: Get a calendar. Your office should provide one of these for you and if they don’t ASK for one! Make sure it is super detailed. Mine had the meds I needed to be taking everyday with the dose and time they needed to be taken. If your clinic provides one that is too vague, ask them to add in more details! You are paying a lot of money for this treatment and you deserve to be in the know and not be worrying about if you are doing 
    things right or wrong.


  • Tip #2: As you take each med each day cross it off on the calendar. I didn’t do this at first and I had to start because life gets busy and then all of a sudden your driving down the road and you think “Oh my, did I take that med or not?!” Just save yourself the hassle and worry and cross it off after you take it.
  • Tip #3: Create a space that’s just for your meds and organize them in a way that makes sense to you and makes grabbing what you need quick easy. For me, I had my needles in one cup, syringes in another, alcohol pads in a Tupperware, meds in a separate Tupperware and a special place in the fridge for those meds that needed refrigerated. Yes it made a small portion of my kitchen cluttered, but it made those early morning shots super fast and easy, which was so nice since I am one who is always running late for work.

  • Tip #4: Keep an inventory of your meds. I would say every few days check and see how much you have left and then let your nurses know. There isn’t anything more stressful than realizing your going to run out of something before you can get more. However, sometimes last minute you end up needing more drugs than anticipated, if this happens don’t be afraid to ask your nurse if the clinic has any you can borrow. They are prepared for situations like this and it won’t be a problem to borrow some and then return them once you have ordered more.
  • Tip #5: Buy Small Band Aids. I like the ones that are just little squares or circles. For me it was worth buying these instead of slapping a giant rectangular one on my stomach. I found them less irritating, and nicer to remove. You won’t need a band-aid every time, but occasionally you’ll hit a small capillary and it’ll bleed. Save your shirts and put a band-aid on.


I hope that maybe these tips make your IVF cycle as far as the meds go, go a little bit smoother and be a little bit less stressful. Just remember, if you have any questions ever at any point, don’t hesitate to call your doctor or nurses! That’s what they are there for and I’m sure they’d rather you call than risk you not having a successful cycle!

-Kamryn
 photo bundled-sig_zpsiuixbukx.png

7 comments:

  1. im getting ready for ivf, this will most defenetly help me, im so nervous but pray to God that all goes well for us. Thanks for the tips and God bless you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOW I CURED FROM THE HERPES VIRUS
       I was diagnosed with the HERPES virus and I have tried everything possible to cure myself, but all to no avail, until I saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist preparing herbal medicines to cure all kinds  of diseases including HERPES virus, at first I doubted it was real, but decided to give it a try, when I contacted this herbalist through his email (ishiakuherbalcure@gmail.com) and he prepared me a HERPES herbal cure and sent it to me through the service of  DHL delivery company, when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me step-by-step instructions on how to apply it, after applying it the way they directed me, I was totally cured of this deadly disease called HERPES, all thanks  to Dr. Ishiaku, contact the great herbal doctor through his what-sapp Via  +2348180828544
      HE  CAN ALSO CURE DISEASES LIKE   
       {1} HIV / AIDS  
       {2} DIABETES  
       {3} EPILEPSY   
       {4} BLOOD CANCER   
       {5} HPV  
       {6} ALS   
       {7} HEPATITIS B
       {8} LOVE SPELL 
       {9} SICKLE AND ANEMIA {10}INFERTILITY^Beware of fake doctors and anyone who uses this testimonial again is a scam Only Dr. Ishiaku  can help you
      IG: @dr_ishiaku

      Delete
    2. Greetings to everyone reading this testimony, I am Dan Morgan, i am here to
      testify of a great man who was able to cure me permanently from herpes
      Disease just with his herbal medicine,i have been herpes Positive for 5
      years before i came across Dr voodoo Email on the internet on how he has
      been using his herbal medicine to treat and cure patients from different
      virus, so i contacted him and i explain to him concerning my problem, i
      followed up with the instructions he gave me and he urge me to have faith
      in his words that he was going to restore my health back, after some couple
      of days Dr voodoo sent me some medicine which he gave me prescription on
      how to take for 2 weeks, to make the long story short, I have been
      confirmed Negative from my recent test in the hospital, just within 2 weeks
      Dr voodoo was able to make me healthy and see reasons to live again, though
      science says there is no cure, i believe God has sent this great man to
      save people, you can all contact him for his medicine, he has presently
      been treating diseases like,CANCER,BLOOD DISEASE,DIABETES,HIV,TYPHOID, and
      many others, you can contact this man on voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com.or
      add him on whatsApp +2348140120719, God Bless you sir!

      Delete
  2. Most time it’s good to share problem. WHO KNOWS?? My names are Aylen Melsin I suffered Adhesion that damaged my uterus and this is really what I think you should understand. I finally was able to conceive a child of my own after 7 years without any issue. This really was the worst thing ever. It was a miracle that indeed shocked me and my husband. Because I was left with no option but to use a Herbal Health Concoction that was prepared from Roots Herbs to help the Immune. I got to find out a solution through online search and I talked to the direct source about my problem. His name is Ahiga and he told me how some necessary few herbs will be useful to women’s health, to cure Fibroid, tubes blockage recovery, So I gave him a chance to do what knows best. He sent the Herbs to me and gave simple instruction on method of use. After few weeks of usage I began to feel dizzy, vomiting, tender breast, a friend of mine told me all this are sings of pregnancy. I went for check up behold I was confirmed pregnant. I'm glad God did this with the Roots Herbs of Ahiga. You can get in-touch with Ahiga via Email (ahigahealing@ yahoo. com) really just felt like dropping this, not for all but for those who want to start having children of their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Infertility treatment India is best to get from reputed IVF centre so as to resolve the problem effectively. Dr. Sumita Sofat Hospital is having the team of professionals that can give treatment with high success rates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello I want to say a big thank you to all of the baby center members on this platform. God directed me to this great herbalist, it was a dream come true indeed words are not enough to say thank you DR.OSAGIE i am indeed grateful and i recommend this herbal doctor to women out there having same problem or of any kind. trust me it is all going to be fine because there is God and once you believe and have faith anything can be possible. God has helped me through this great herbalist doctor and he can also do it for you..he can help you if you are findings it difficult to conceive or you may have any of this problem like FIBROID, OVARIAN CYST, BLOCKED TUBES, ENDOMETRIOSIS , INFECTIONS ,CANCER, HIV and so on.
    Have a nice day everyone contact Dr. Osagie the great , today and also be a testifier like me. God bless you all.
    Contact info: DROSAGIE99@GMAIL.COM or yo can send a message on WhatsApp to his personal line +8618292509956. His herbs is fast, effective.
    thank you all..

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW I CURED FROM THE HERPES VIRUS
     I was diagnosed with the HERPES virus and I have tried everything possible to cure myself, but all to no avail, until I saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist preparing herbal medicines to cure all kinds  of diseases including HERPES virus, at first I doubted it was real, but decided to give it a try, when I contacted this herbalist through his email (ishiakuherbalcure@gmail.com) and he prepared me a HERPES herbal cure and sent it to me through the service of  DHL delivery company, when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me step-by-step instructions on how to apply it, after applying it the way they directed me, I was totally cured of this deadly disease called HERPES, all thanks  to Dr. Ishiaku, contact the great herbal doctor through his what-sapp Via  +2348180828544
    HE  CAN ALSO CURE DISEASES LIKE   
     {1} HIV / AIDS  
     {2} DIABETES  
     {3} EPILEPSY   
     {4} BLOOD CANCER   
     {5} HPV  
     {6} ALS   
     {7} HEPATITIS B
     {8} LOVE SPELL 
     {9} SICKLE AND ANEMIA {10}INFERTILITY^Beware of fake doctors and anyone who uses this testimonial again is a scam Only Dr. Ishiaku  can help you
    IG: @dr_ishiaku

    ReplyDelete